March 15, 2016

ROXY'S FIRST BIRTHDAY

March 12th is definitely a day to remember for us. This time around we got to celebrate our fifth engagement anniversary and our first year of parenthood. But mostly, we got to celebrate a very special girl who came into our lives a short 12 months ago and has brought us joy beyond anything we ever imagined!

That morning we were so excited to see our baby girl on her special day. We came into her bedroom and brought in tons of balloons and put them in her crib. She was a bit uncertain at what was happening at first and was still waking up. But she realized they were fun after a bit!



Little cheeser!

Oh she's so stinkin cute I can't stand it! I'm obsessed with her morning hair!

After breakfast and a bath, we tried on her birthday outfit. I know, I know, the tutu might have been a bit much... But she is my princess.
With Lola. Holding up her "Number 1" finger!

Sitting on Daddy's lap. 


The decorations for her party were so fun to make and I think it turned out cute. And thankfully we had lots of leftover gold from my golden birthday.



I didn't get a great picture of it, but I also made Roxy a time capsule. I had all the guests at the party write a short note to her and put it in a little box that she'll get to open on her 18th birthday. I tried to think of things that would be valuable to her later on in life since she won't remember this birthday.

The cupcakes were lemon and strawberry shortcake Kimberley's cupcakes--which I LOVE. I don't usually love store bought, but these are worth it. And I made the cake--strawberry cake with strawberry whipped cream frosting.
It didn't turn out as pretty as I wanted, but it kind of turned into a disaster the night before and I ended up having to fill a large hole in the middle with frosting. Oh well. It tasted good. 

And HOW CUTE IS THIS CAKE TOPPER?? My sweet sister in law, Marli, hand paints peg dolls and she created this cake topper and matching peg to look exactly like Roxy that day. I love it so much. 


Baby girl LOVED opening her presents. She was SO cute and so happy. She did great at taking out the tissue paper and playing with it and tearing off wrapping paper. She got lots of cute clothes and hair accessories. And I also got her a book and put together a photo album of her first year. With each of the clothes she held them up and put them on her face and head--kind of like she was trying them on and seeing how they looked on her! It was too cute. I loved watching her enjoy all of her gifts and we have such sweet family and friends that got her such nice things. She is one lucky girl!

And she did NOT love her smash cake. I almost expected it though. She does not like getting her hands dirty, I hardly ever give her sweets, she was getting tired (missed her afternoon nap that day), everyone was looking at her and singing at her, and she had this big huge pink thing in her face that didn't even look like food. Poor babe. She looked cute though and would eat a few bites if I gave them to her. And some of us got to enjoy the cake for her, so that wasn't bad.
She was even shaking a little right before this it made me so sad!
Do I really have to eat it, Daddy?

Do you see what these people are trying to make me do?


Overall, it was a great little party and we had a wonderful day with our baby girl. I was so glad my family could make it and I hope baby girl will be able to look back and know how much she is loved and supported.
Lola, Tia Shelbi, Roxy, & Mommy. As usual, so sad that I was not better about taking pictures of everyone there. Know I love you all and was so happy you came!

We love you Roxy, more than anything! We love your sweet and funny personality and have enjoyed watching you grow and learn so far. We've had one amazing, adventurous year with you and it just keeps getting better and better. We hope to celebrate many more with you for years to come.

Love, Mommy & Daddy
 photo kerisig_zpsbc8802b2.jpg

2 comments:

  1. I love that little one soooo much. She's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say I disagree. She perfect <3

      Delete

01 09 10