January 6, 2016

LET HER BE LITTLE

I've just been pondering about this past year and I can't believe all that has happened. It feels so surreal!

Our lives have changed so much because of Roxy, and yet what was life like before her? It feels so distant and fuzzy! As if she's always been with us. Truly, when I look at her, I feel like I've known her for eternity.

Blessed? Yes. It's the best word to describe how I feel, yet somehow not enough. There are simply no words to even come close to what's in my heart.

From the moment I found out I was pregnant with her, I wanted to savor every second.

I could tell right away that it was very different from my other pregnancies and each milestone caused for a celebration. Each moment was precious, and my angel babies taught me that.

When she was born, that mindset continued.

Thank goodness because she's growing far too fast for me to keep up with!

And I've scrambled and spent hours journaling and baby booking and phone clogging just so I can capture glimpses of her life.

It might be a bit much and call me crazy, but I'm already so happy that I've done these things because she really has changed SO much in such a short span of time.

And now I'm o b s e s s e d with looking back at old videos, notes, and pictures of her.

Like the clip we took on her blessing day. Her tiny toes poking through her dress and her swinging uncoordinated arms kill me.

Or pictures of her sleeping on her daddy's chest when she was just a few weeks old. It's hard to believe how much snuggling went on during those days seeing how busy she is now.

And wow, has she really grown 10.5 inches and doubled her weight since she's been born? WHAT!

Anyway, what I'm trying to do is just enjoy this not so long journey.

So lately I've just really really loved letting her be my baby.

Cuddling with her in my bed early in the morning.

Singing and rocking her to sleep.

Adoring each of her gummy smiles. Yep, still no teeth and this nursing mama is totally cool with that.

Oh and every nursing session...  Am I wimp that I want to just bawl thinking about her no longer nursing? She's already acting less interested so I'm soaking it in while I can.

And though I've done my first time mom thing and fretted and worried ridiculously about her development, I've come to be quite content that she doesn't care to walk yet.

Cameron is always great about reminding me that she will get there eventually and we'll have plenty of years ahead chasing after her.

I'm grateful for technology that allows me to look back when I often wish that time would stop.

But also so thankful for this moment right now. While she still wants mommy and gives sloppy, wet kisses. And doesn't get into too much trouble. Yet...
Her morning hair. On point.

Oh baby girl! I wouldn't mind if you stayed little forever, but since it's not possible I'm just so happy I get to cherish every second of this journey with you. I am one lucky mama.
 photo kerisig_zpsbc8802b2.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Love that girl's hair! My kids didn't get teeth until they were almost a year. I was so grateful. I weaned Rylee and Bennett abruptly refused me. It hurt my feelings more than I imagined anything could. Enjoy every precious second with your BABY! You're right, hey grow up way too fast. 😓 It's heartbreaking and unbelievably exciting at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aimee love! I appreciate your comment about the breastfeeding. I don't know why it's sad but it is! Haha. So sorry Bennett refused. :'( When did you start weaning Rylee?
      But totally, I'm trying my best to soak it all in. What they say is true they really grow up too fast!

      Delete

01 09 10