October 3, 2015

I MIGHT BE A RUNNER NOW

I finished my second half marathon the first weekend in September. It was so hard, long, amazing and beautiful. It was primarily a downhill course through Payson Canyon. So.. it was basically cheating! Just kidding, it was definitely difficult, but I'm sure it had an effect on my time. Which was the most exciting part, I beat my goal of breaking 2 hours with a time of 1:56! It was also a personal record for me, since I got 2:11 on my first race.
Baby girl was in my tummy during my first race, so it was so sweet to hold her at the finish line this time!

Alright, I lied. The most exciting part of the race was seeing my wonderful and supportive family near the finish line. My husband, my baby girl, and my grandparents were all there! Seeing them gave me the boost of energy I needed to finish the race!

It had been a very long, chilly morning. I had to leave at 3:30 am to get there in time to catch the bus that took us racers up the canyon. I was uncertain why they made us meet so early, but when we got lost several times, I understood why. Despite how long it took to get up the mountain, we had waited up there for a good while. Thankfully they gave us emergency blankets and had campfires going. By the time the race started (20 minutes late), everyone was ready to get down that mountain.

It was really different running this race by myself. It was lonely, yet nice not to have to worry about anyone else. It was also tricky to train for and run the race while nursing a baby. I made sure she was always taken care of before going out for a run, which cut some days short and other training days didn't happen at all. But we made it work and Roxy was such a doll through it all. Next time I train for a race, she'll be plenty big enough to go with me in her jogger stroller!

Overall, it was a great experience and I loved it. Minus the recovery the next day! Ha.
 photo kerisig_zpsbc8802b2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10