July 8, 2015

DADDY'S GIRL


This post was meant for Father's Day, but I just had to share even though it's a little late!

Roxy sure loves her daddy. And her daddy sure loves her. I must say, out of all the joys that come from being a mom, there's nothing like seeing their relationship grow.

I enjoy being with her all day long, but the smile she gets when her daddy comes home really is the cherry on top!

Or that she poos for him the moment he holds her. Yes. Every single day at 5:30. I don't know how it happened but it is hilarious. And somehow, cute.

Or that he makes her laugh uncontrollably.

I can't decide!

Just knowing that he makes her happy and that she makes him happy makes ME so unbelievably happy!
My two favorite people.

Roxy and her daddy also share lots of secrets. Cam says they are "plotting against" mommy. Yeah I've seen them whisper about me a time or two. But she is seriously the cutest when she talks to him. She just babbles on and on to Cameron about her adventures of the day. Or on early Saturday mornings when her dreams are fresh. She loves grabbing his nose and mouth while she tells him stories.

She's definitely a daddy's girl.

And it's no secret that she's got him wrapped around her little finger.

He tells her every day that she's beautiful and that he loves her.

He steals sweet kisses.

He sends me texts throughout the day about her.

He wants to hold her the instant he is home.

And he holds off as long as possible before putting her down in her crib at night. I try to give them as much time as possible... it's just too precious to watch. <3

Oh, and the airplane game that they play together is pretty darn precious too.

I love my blue eyed cuties. They make my heart swell!

I also meant to do a quick shout to my own daddy. It's pretty rare that I get to see him on Father's Day, so it was a real treat that he came to visit that weekend--along with my mom, my cousin (and her husband) and my little sister. We had such a fun time grilling and visiting.

So if you don't know my dad, he's pretty much the coolest. He is the ultimate outdoorsman and that's pretty much an understatement. He frequently goes hunting, fishing, hiking, boating, etc. I feel like he's a walking search engine and is basically an expert on everything. Including teasing. As a very gullible and sensitive child, he liked to practice this skill on me often. He also teaches himself to build and create pretty much anything! Not only is he funny, smart and talented, but he is also very loving. He cares so much about his family and I've never seen him not put them first. He is patient and thoughtful. And such a good example of hard work. Thanks Dad for all you do!
He's also the sweetest Lolo to Roxy!

And a big, loving thank you to my Papa, my father-in-law, Martin, and my husband's Papa, Dean. All such great examples to me. I'm so blessed to have such amazing fathers in my life.

Hope you all had a special Father's Day.
 photo kerisig_zpsbc8802b2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10