April 2, 2015

THE GLAMOROUS LIFE OF MOTHERHOOD

Last night after a feeding session, I propped Roxy over my shoulder and patted her little back. She gets pretty gassy, so I wanted to get a good burp out of her before settling her back down to sleep.

Instead came three gallons of puke all down my back.
The one time I forget a burp rag.
Yep. Motherhood. It's hard work. It's sticky. It's beautiful.

It's amazing how much our lives have changed, but it doesn't necessarily feel like it. I mean, I can tell that it's different for sure, but somehow everything just fits. Like Roxy has always been with us.

And Roxy? She is one sassy little muffin. I was a little worried that the name we picked for her was a little too spunky(?) and she'd turn out just as shy and as reserved as both my husband and me.

Nope. Not the case. Roxy Melisa is the perfect name for her. This little noodle is very vocal about what she wants. Literally. She'll be sleeping peacefully one second and the next she is screaming bloody murder.
She doesn't like being dressed. She hates diaper changes. Forget bath time.

It's actually quite reassuring that she lets us know exactly what she wants.

And she is perfectly happy when she has everything she needs and she's comfortable. Who isn't?

(I was very grateful for my mother-in-law who stayed with us for two weeks--helping us learn all the different possibilities for soothing her and encouraging me with breastfeeding.)

But she's oh so adorable. Always. Even when she is crying. I just can't get enough of her kissable, chubby cheeks!

She also really loves sleeping in her bouncer. She loves movement and being cuddled. Being on her belly while being cuddled is also her favorite!

She's also really good about noise. Sounds don't really wake her up when she's in a good, deep sleep. Not even Leia.
The first encounter. The pooch is actually doing pretty great with the baby!

The hubby is doing amazing too! I try to get him as much rest as possible so he won't be like death when he goes to work, but he has been incredibly helpful and encouraging. He's such a champ of a daddy!
She's not sure what to think of the foot kisses haha

A little March Madness for this baby doll and her Daddy!

At Roxy's two week appointment, she weighed 8 lbs 9 oz. When we left the hospital, she weighed 7 lbs 11 oz, so it was great to see she was gaining! She also grew an inch and a half and is now 20.5" long. Her newborn clothes are starting to get snug and part of me is sad that she's growing so fast! Is it natural for moms to just want their babies to stay little forever?? I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it while I can.

We also took newborn pics last week! Here are a couple. We are so excited about them!

Overall, I'm loving the fabulous life of motherhood. And the late nights, blow outs, and bags under my eyes are so completely worth this little angel of mine. Oh I can't believe she is mine! How lucky am I??

I love my little family and though life is completely different, we are so completely happy.
 photo kerisig_zpsbc8802b2.jpg

2 comments:

01 09 10