November 25, 2014

FALL FESTIVITIES & LOTS OF UPDATES

Whew. It has been such a crazy fall. And will someone please tell me where November has gone?!

It has been non-stop madness. Work has been very busy for the both of us and almost every night we've had a pile of errands or events planned. In fact, I should be working on my sharing time lesson right now......

HEY a break might help get the creative juices flowing, right? My brain is so fried.

Anyway, I figure I could do some catching up on the blog and remember some of the things that have been keeping us so busy!

Long ago in October I went to an event called Witches Night Out at Gardener Village with some lady friends in the neighborhood. It was so fun. We ate dinner, danced, looked at shops, and had dessert later on. It was my first time going to this event and was seriously a blast! It was PACKED and everyone was dressed up like witches. One reason why I kept getting lost from the group.. following the wrong hats.

Halloween night was a good time as well. Both of us had dressed up for work and just stayed in our costumes that night to hand out candy to the kids. This year we decided to go as a "Skeleton" family. Even Roxy got dressed up! We scared small children. Unintentionally.

We made my costume literally the night before. We (Cam) drew the pattern out on freezer paper and cut it out using an x-acto knife. Then we just placed the paper over the clothes and spray painted the pattern on. Thanks Pinterest!

I know no one cares about my apricot poinsettia. But I do. So here is a picture because I love it so much and it's just so festive.

Thanks to my hubby for surprising me with it one night because I had a no good day and he thought I would like it better than flowers. He knows me well.


We also went to go see my best friend, Ciara, in New Mexico for her missionary homecoming! She just returned home from serving a full time LDS mission in the Philippines. So very proud of her. We enjoyed seeing her and catching up with family.
Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like the month of gratitude has been pretty overshadowed by all of the holiday madness? Well, I was not going to have it. One FHE we took some time to focus on all of our blessings. We wrote them down and talked about how we often take things for granted and how important it is to thank Heavenly Father every day (not just during Thanksgiving) for all we've been given. We truly have been given much.

We also talked about the things we appreciated about each other. I loved this part because there are so many attributes that I love about Cameron, and it makes me happy to show him how thankful I am for him. I'm so lucky to have such great guy for my husband. Forever.

One of the more "tangible" blessings we focused on was Cam's new job! Yes! He just got offered a new position at a new company and we are so very happy and excited about it. I'm a pretty darn proud wifey.

Alright. Baby updates.

I'm 25 weeks and 2 days today.

Wait what?!

My little girl will be here in just over 14 weeks!! I cannot believe we are so close to the third trimester AND the home stretch.

But I truly am enjoying every moment being pregnant with her.

She is the most amazing blessing I have ever been given.

Cameron and I are taking hypnobirthing classes every Thursday and it's been way awesome! At one of our classes, we talked about how (even though it's hard to explain) we can tell that our babies already have little personalities of their own.

I really feel this with Roxy. I've been spending lots of time "playing" with her and I've noticed some cute consistencies.

-She loves it when I sing to her in the car. I love feeling her wiggle to the beat <3

-Sweet treats make her happy.

-Whenever I pat my belly or tap her gently, she always kicks back. It's a little game we play together.

-She likes to startle mom during quiet moments with big kicks!

Cameron is so sweet with her too. Whenever he comes home he talks to my belly and lets Roxy know he's there. Spending time talking with her, reading to her, rubbing/patting my belly, singing to her, etc. will help us establish an early connection with her and helps us become more sensitive to the environment we are surrounding her with. We are also practicing relaxation scripts, reading books, and listening to birthing rehearsal imagery. I'm listening to positive affirmations every day as well.

We're developing a close bond with her and I'm getting so excited for the day I get to meet her and hold her for the first time. I just love my baby girl so much.

Here's some bump shots:

Happy and round!

I've been feeling pretty great, however, I've had some consistent pain just below my ribs that has been concerning. After a little scare, we discovered that it was probably just because my belly has been growing so fast and my uterus is pulling on all of those muscles. At my last appointment, my belly was measuring four inches bigger than it should be! But apparently it's nothing to worry about and all is well.

Here's a pleasant one at 23 weeks:

Overall, everything is going really well and we are just so so happy and grateful!

This week, my family is coming up to Utah and we're spending Thanksgiving together. I can't wait for them to get here. Except I have no idea how to cook a bird. Wish us luck!

Happy Thanksgiving!

 photo kerisig_zpsbc8802b2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10