December 2, 2013

Hope your Thanksgiving was swell!

I know, I know... I'm super late. 


I really wanted to have this post done before November ended, but there wasn't much time. However, I didn't want to jump into December without expressing my gratitude for all that I'm thankful for, and I don't think it matters if I'm a few days late because I should be doing this every single day!

I have so many blessings! Where do I even begin?

Well, the first thing that always comes to mind is my family. I love my family so much. I love each and every one of them both on my side and on Cameron's side. I am so blessed to have such an incredible, loving, supportive family. They all have so many amazing talents and special roles that they play--I'm so glad to call them mine!

I'm thankful for my dear close friends--who are pretty much my family. They are so special and have helped shaped me into the person I am today. I love them and I want to do all I can to keep my relationship close with them.

I'm so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and my testimony of God's plan. I love my Savior. As the world has brought me down, it's drawn me closer to Him. He is my Rock. There have been so many times in my life where He was the only one I could turn to. The only one who understood my pain. The only one who could ease my burdens. We all have trials and difficult times, and I'm only thankful that I could try to learn from mine and that they have helped build my relationship with Him. I am thankful for my loving and compassionate Father in Heaven. He is so good to me. He loves me even though I make mistakes. He loves me even though I am so far from perfect. Oh how grateful I am to know this and that it brings me great peace in such a troubling world.

I am thankful for the time and place I was born. I'm so lucky to have lived a safe life when I know so many others have not. It's a blessing to be born in such a time with so much promise and possibility. Despite all the bad in the world, there is SO much good.

I'm grateful for my healthy body and that I have two good hands and two good legs. I know I take this for granted the most. It's my hope to always appreciate the body that God has given me so that I can use it to help those around me and for the greater good.

I appreciate every moment I've been given. I'm thankful for opportunities and challenges. I'm grateful for the chances I've been given to help me grow as a person.

I am so thankful for my sweet husband and for all that he does for our little family. He sure is a keeper and I know that I'm a better person because of him. He makes me smile!

I have so much to be thankful for and the list goes on and on. I think it's cool that November brings about this feeling of gratitude, and I feel that it helps me as I head into December and Christmas and remember Christ and His life. These feelings of gratitude and humility help soften my heart and let Him into my life and help prompt me to be more like Him in all that I do.

I hope your Thanksgiving went wonderfully and that you all have an amazing December!

So much love,

Keri
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10