November 13, 2013

Clothes. November. Gratitude.

Once in a while Cam and I get in the mood to shop. Lately, my dearest husband has been passing small hints to me about changing my style. I'm quite offended! What's wrong with my sweats and big baggie shirts?? (Literally, though, I can't blame him cuz it's a problem.)

To be honest, I don't think I really have a certain style. I love anything cute and comfortable. Once in a while, I'll feel adventurous and leave my comfort zone. Really, it's in attempts to look presentable--just for the sake of others' sanity. But my sweetheart? Let's just say he's very particular. And sometimes.. Buying clothes with him is a nightmare. 

Don't get me wrong, I love that he is very opinionated and knows what he wants. Often times, he saves me from utter humiliation when I ask him, "does this look good on me?" Oh yeah. He's not afraid to tell me what's up. 

I always try to impress him too (yep, still do) and if he doesn't like it, I'm less likely to wear it. 

But one thing I won't give up on are my knee-high boots! He wants to die every time he sees me in them. They may be a little worn and torn, but hey, I refuse to think that they are anything short of magical. Cam thinks I look like a pirate. 

His latest enemy? Knee-high boots with knee-high socks. I know, it's like rejecting a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. I try to convince him, but he won't budge. 

We really don't always disagree. In fact, we agree more often than not. For instance, we both feel that there are some clothes in this world that should probably be burned. 


Oh and do you see that little scruff on Cam's chin? Well it's November and you know what that means! Yep, he's totally jumped on the No Shave November bandwagon. This is the first time in his life that he's grown out his tuff. I think he looks totally different and OLD. But also handsome (: 

He says it bugs him, so I tell him, "Well, why don't you just shave it then?" Yeah. He never backs down from a challenge.  

On other matters, Cameron and I have now received our callings in our new ward! Get this: Nursery. Again. Looks like this is just our calling in life. To take care of other people's kids. Truly, I feel Heavenly Father is helping us grow and learn in ways I probably don't understand yet. We are looking forward to getting to know our new littles. 

And to move far, far away from my first world problems, I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart who have prayed for those in the Philippines. We are still receiving word from our family there. 

Lots of the experiences I've had lately have been truly trying, but through it all it makes me feel humbled and grateful for the blessings I do have in my life. My goal is to get up each day and count them, cherish them, and thank Him over and over. This has been especially on my mind as Thanksgiving draws nearer. What a special time to step back and remember these things. I know it was a much needed reminder for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10