July 30, 2013

2 Years Strong

So this is going to be funny.. Prep to laugh at typos because I'm writing this all from my iPhone.

It's been a bittersweet kinda day.. I'm enjoying myself here in Dallas for Mary Kay Seminar 2013.. soaking up the positivity and celebrating 50 years of success. Yet, my sweet Moose is hundreds of miles from me on our special day. I think this is the longest we've been apart since we've been married (5 days is  a LONG time people!). 
Where can I begin to count the ways in which he enriches my life and brings all meaning to my existence? Well, for starters he encouraged me to come be here on our anniversary the moment he found out that they conflicted. That is the kind of man he is.
We were able to get dinner at The Roof and do a session in the Salt Lake Temple before I left as our celebration this year. We even got chosen to be the witness couple. It was a very sweet and special time for us to be in our temple where our little family began. 
Yep, it's been two years! I can't believe it! We have been through so much in our marriage and even the many years before our marriage. Each moment has only brought us closer together. 
Cameron: you are my ROCK, my best friend, my biggest supporter, and my guardian angel. You are the reason I have dreams, and you make me want to give more, fight harder, be happier, laugh, have more patience, be kinder, and become a better example. 
I am truly blessed to have such a special person as my eternal companion. He tells me I'm a winner every single day and advises me to "just do it". I'm proud of the person he was, is, and will become. We are excited for the future! 

Despite being apart we both had a pretty good 2 year anniversary! We both sent video messages to each other so we could watch them during the day. We also had a little time to Skype!


I also sent him a gift with a card that was waiting for him when he got home from work and school. He said he planned on sending me something, but had no idea which hotel I was staying at.. Too tricky! 

Anyway, just wanted to send a shout out to my handsome hub on our special day. I love you Cam, here's many, many more fun years ahead of us! 

4 comments:

  1. "I'm enjoying myself here in Dallas for Mary Kay Seminar 2013.. soaking up the positivity and celebrating 50 years of success. Yet, my sweet Moose is hundreds of miles from me on our special day."

    I thought Mary Kay was about putting God First, Family Second, and Career Third? If they truly were, your Mary Kay leaders would encourage you to skip Seminar to be with your sweetheart on your special day. That's what Family Second, Career Third is all about, right? If they got mad, I'd have told them I was making a choice that was in me and my husband's best interests because I was an independent businesswoman in charge of MY own business.

    Please check out Pinktruth.com and get the heads-up on upcoming product changes and SO much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Erica,

      I apologize, but I have to respectfully disagree with your comment.
      That is what Mary Kay is about... Absolutely no one made me go. It was 100% my own choice. I am fully independent and everything I do in my business is based on the decisions that I make (no one makes them for me). I know that if I had not gone, my leaders would understand and be kind about it. No one was mad, who said they got mad? It was important for me to go and feel uplifted because whenever I am around Mary Kay women and Mary Kay functions, I feel good about myself and I feel loved.
      My husband agreed and was happy to let me go. Of course we were sad to be apart, but we celebrated the day before I left and enjoyed talking to each other throughout the day.
      I appreciate your concern, and you are entitled to your opinion, but I am very glad that I went to Seminar.

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgive me, I'm just having trouble understanding your view, as what could make one feel more uplifted and loved than being with one's husband on your anniversary (as opposed to a Mary Kay function?)

    Tread carefully is all I am saying. You do not see it now because you're fairly new to the business, but I encourage you to keep your eyes open, keep your ears and heart turned to Christ, and question absolutely anything that gives you the odd feeling in your gut or contradicts the faith you walk out every day. Also, do not invest in large amounts of inventory, as that is one of the main ways women get themselves (and their families) into financial trouble.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10