June 23, 2013

It's the Little Things..

Small & Simple

So I always feel like I have nothing important to post. My life just kind of goes on its day to day routine and nothing special really happens. However, that kind of defeats the purpose of the name of my blog, and I do want to get better with the whole documenting thing--even if it's just the little, day to day rituals. 

I just want to first talk about my husband and me. At the end of this July, we will be married for two years. Can you believe that?? I feel like we just walked out of the temple doors yesterday! It's been an amazing journey and I'm excited for the future.
We've got a lot going on right now. Work. School. Work. Internship. We don't get to spend much time with each other during the week. So, we usually reserve some time on the weekends for "just us" time. This past weekend, for example, we went to the temple (we changed our temple day to Saturdays now), got our gym on, strolled to the farmer's market and got some veggies for the week, and soaked up some sun at the pool. We wanted to go to 7 Peaks since Cameron's old boss gave us two free Pass of all Passes, but it was PACKED. Holy smokes, everyone in the world is there on Saturdays! We'll hopefully try again and go a little earlier next time. Anyway, it's extremely nice to get some relaxing time with my sweetie and take a break from all the madness. 

Another note on Cameron. He is such a sweet, sweet husband. Seriously, I'm a lucky goose. Most people who are around him think he's so quiet and reserved, which he is. But if you know him really well, you know he's a bit of a jokester and goofball as well. He seriously makes me cry with laughter on a daily basis. I'm going to live a long time because of that boy. Everything that comes out of his mouth is brilliant and I can't get enough of it! I'll give you a mild example because I don't want to embarrass him (too much). Whenever we're driving in the car and a catchy song comes on the radio, he'll break out in a mini dance. Some of the moves he makes KILL me! I get to a point where I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard. It's making me laugh right now just thinking about it! Another example: the other day I asked him to take a picture of me. He would take like three pictures at a time then show them to me. They would be pictures of my foot/leg, arm, random places. And say with a serious voice, "are these good?" I was getting SO frustrated because I wanted some good pics, but then I couldn't help but laugh. He's always creating fun out of something. That kid is never serious! Like when I ask him a favor from the kitchen and he's in the other room and he asks "What?" a million times until I'm practically yelling in his ear and he can clearly hear me. Apparently he does this to see how many times I'll ask him. It's all a game. 

We also speak in third person to each other. Odd, I know. A few of you already know this about us. It's become such a norm in our relationship I hardly even notice it anymore. So if Cameron starts falling asleep during a movie, I say, "Oh, he's such a cozy guy..." or if I'm throwing a little attitude--which hardly ever happens ;)--then he'll say, "She's such a brat!" I know.. We're a couple of weirdos. I'm sure every married couple has their quirks though! 

Yep, we're two happy honeybees. I'm so grateful for our friendship most of all. We are so much alike and enjoy spending every moment we can with each other. The other day we finally took the time to hike the Y (what an embarrassment after living here for 4 years). We ran a lot of the trail. The view was gorgeous of course and did not disappoint: 



On other matters, I don't think I mentioned on here that I've started up my Mary Kay business on the side. You can visit my website at www.marykay.com/kromine. Let me know if there's anything you need--we've got some amazing skin care, body care, and makeup products. Let me know if you'd also like to do a party and gets some awesome discounts! 

I know I've promised some Cancun pictures from our trip back in March. I do need to write a post on that soon so stay tuned! As of right now, we don't have any big plans for the summer. Maybe a trip home or something short over the weekend. We'll see. What are your summer plans??


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10